ISSMGE News & Information Circular September 2017
ISSMGE News & Information Circular
Please visit the new-look ISSMGE website – http://www.issmge.org/ for full details of all ISSMGE activities.
- XIX ICSMGE – Seoul, Korea- Registration
The organisers have issued a new information circular which can be viewed at: http://issmge.org/19th%20ICSMGE_Promotion%20material_0626.pdf
- 2017 Geotechnical Business Directory
GeoWorld, the network for geotechnical engineers, has just published the 2017 Geotechnical Business Directory. The directory is published with the support of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. For further information: http://www.issmge.org/news/announcing-the-publication-of-the-2017-geotechnical-business-directory.
- New ISSMGE Corporate Associate
The ISSMGE is pleased to announce that SMEC is the newest member of the Corporate Associates Presidential Group.
- Call to select the 2nd Hutchinson Lecturer – JTC1 on Landslides and Natural Slopes
The Joint Technical Committee no 1 (JTC1) on Landslides and Natural Slopes set up by the sister societies active in the domain of geo-engineering, the ISSMGE, the ISRM, the IAEG and the IGS, is launching a call to select the 2nd Hutchinson Lecturer. The Lecture has been established to award a scholar, aged 42 or less at the time of the event, who has significantly contributed through his/her research and other work to the development of knowledge in the field of slope stability and landslides. The Hutchinson Lecture that will be delivered during the 2nd JTC1 Workshop, will focus on research undertaken out by the lecturer, consistent with the topic of the event. The provisional title of the workshop, that should take place in Hong Kong in December, 2018, is “Triggering and propagation of rapid flow-like landslides”. The Hutchinson lecturer, who should have a disciplinary background from one or more of the domains of the geosciences, will be appointed by vote of the members of the JTC1 Committee, based upon candidatures proposed by national societies. Any country is then asked to submit the name and the CV of one (national) candidate by December, 31, 2017. The proposals should be sent to Luciano Picarelli, as chairman of the JTC1 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The latest edition of the ISSMGE Bulletin (Volume 11, Issue 3, June 2017) is available from http://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin/vol-11-issue-4-august-20170
- ISSMGE Foundation
- ISSMGE Webinars
Click here for a full list of previously recorded ISSMGE webinars
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences – click here.
The following are events that have been added/upated since the previous Circular:
- The 8th Offshore Site Investigation and Geotechnics International Conference, 12-09-2017 – 14-09-2017
- GeoMEast 2018 International Congress and Exhibition, 24-11-2018 – 28-11-2018
- 6th International Conference on Geotechnical and Geophysical Site Characterization 07-09-2020 – 11-09-2020
- International Foundations Congress & Equipment Expo, 05-03-2018 – 10-03-2018,
- EUROROCK 2018 Geomechanics and Geodynamics of Rock Masses, 22-05-2018 – 26-05-2018
- DFI-EFFC International Conference on Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement, 06-06-2018 – 08-06-2018
- DFI 43rd Annual Conference on Deep Foundations, 24-10-2018 – 27-10-2018
- DFI 44th Annual Conference on Deep Foundations, 15-10-2019 – 18-10-2019
- DFI Deep Mixing 2020, 15-06-2020 – 17-06-2020
Apologies to those of you getting multiple copies of this circular.